Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 16 March 2012

ZOOOOOM ZOOOOOOM!

So I'm going to be a card playing degen again. Just burned through 1500 hands in about an hour, similar to the rate I was achieving on FTP. I didn't run that great, but there were enough people donating that I still made a decent profit for the session.

Cutting out all of the waiting time is of such huge benefit, that's why I used to play so much Rush. You can really focus on playing strategically well. I find that I enjoy playing normal tables, but it just seems to take so long to get a decent sample of hands. And every time I try and 10+ table to try and get more hands/hour I find that my decision making is affected too much.

There are no HUD displays currently. This is having the effect of making me tighten right up and focussing on strict value. I'm very reluctant to 3-bet people with no reads unless there are indicators of a weak player (less than full stacked bronze star, eg). Hopefully HEM1 will get an update very soon because I'd rather play with a HUD just to make the reg battles a little easier.

I noticed that I earned quite a few FPP points during the session. I wonder what sort of VIP level I can reasonably attain in a month now - Gold star may be within my reach. I anticipate that once this format is rolled out for higher stakes there will be more players attaining supernova elite and supernova in a calender year. Also I should be able to get a few more milestone bonuses this year which is obviously great.

OK, so until HEM1 or PT3 get an update that at least allow the import of played hands I'll likely stick to normal games (although I'm itching to get back in the playing pool already LOL). And once HUDs are available I'll be putting in a lot more volume again. Then perhaps I can set myself some reasonable goals in terms of the number of milestones I'd like to achieve this year, and a suitable limit to grind (probably 10NL to begin with).

I can't wait for it all to settle down. I've clearly missed the Rush games!

Edit: Looks like PT3 have their import/HUD working for Zoom now. I have seen no information about HEM1, but the developers mentioned they're testing for HEM2. Luckily for me I used PT3 back in the days of FTP so I do have a HUD solution. Zoom FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment