Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 8 March 2012

Entire Full Tilt Playing History

Hi, after the last blog I decided to import all of the hands that I played at Full Tilt into my current database so that I had a realistic idea of my long term results. The graph is below. It does show that I was beating those games for a small win rate (1.8bb/100)over a pretty significant sample of hands (400k).
I actually won $768 (NOT including rakeback) in a pretty even mix of 10NL and 25NL.



I've looked at the maths, and there's about a 97% chance that this means I'm a long term winner. Unfortunately it also means I'm likely only just beating the games. This would explain the fact that I go through some quite severe variance sometimes. In truth, I'd not expected the combined results to be this good and it's given me some confidence to begin to put in some more volume, starting from now. This will be easier once FTP reopens and Stars releases Zoom and I can get back to easily doing 1k hands per hour as I was before.

Disclaimers must come of course, these hands were played from approximately the summer of 2010 up to Black Friday last year. The games are likely to have changed somewhat since then. But with some table selection, I don't see a reason why I can't continue to win at 2bb/100 over a similar sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment