Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 11 March 2012

FPPs burning a hole in my pocket... BlackRain79 e-book

I've been wondering for a while what I should do with the 17k of FPPs that I've got in my Stars account. Well, today I did a little research and found an excellent article by the player BlackRain79. Basically recommending the 235fpp 6-man hyper turbos as a very good way of converting them to cash for micro stakes players. Assuming a near even playing field (reasonable since they are hyper turbo tournaments) the value per fpp is $22/6/235 = 0.0156 which is an excellent conversion rate.

The potential downside to this is that the money is provided in tournament $ or T$. Apparently it's possible to exchange T$ for cash at 99.5%. But I don't have an account on 2+2 so a better option for me is probably to play micro stakes tournaments. I should at least be average standard in any that I play and so it's quite possible that I will do very well out of the FPPs. I haven't yet picked the tournaments that I want to grind, probably specific small field SNGs where I can easily learn the necessary ICM.

Also while doing this research I came across BlackRain's e-book (follow the link above). It looks quite good and is being sold for a very reasonable price. I may just get it. If I do then I'll provide some more feedback on it's quality.

OK that's it, just thought I'd put up what I'd found in case any readers had spare FPP to spend. GL

ZOOOOOOOOOOM! Play money only currently but soon to be 2NL. I expect my playing volume to increase significantly once the problems are ironed out and the HUDs begin to work again. Plus positive rumours about FTP are surfacing, so perhaps online poker isn't quite dead just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment