Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 29 March 2012

Playing some SNGs

Just lately as well as playing some Zoom I've been in the tournament mood, and have been playing some SNGs ($3.50 18 man games). Now that I've cashed out most of my bankroll the micro level sit n go tournaments seem like a pretty good bankroll builder judging by the sharkscope graphs and the general playing standard that I've come up against.

The positional stats page in HEM shows that I'm making a lot more money (in terms of bb/100) from each position than I do at cash and I think that this is a combination of the weaker standard and a good slice of run good. I actually believe that I could end up with a win rate somewhere between 5 and 10bb/100 (chip equity of course) in these games which should get me a decent ROI. Of course ICM is more important, but it's much less easy to judge how I'm doing in terms of tournament expected value. However I am checking my hands after each session and I don't think I'm making nearly as many mistakes as my opponents, which is all I need to do at these stakes.

Right now (over a very small sample size) I'm cashing in each of the money places around 7.9% of the time which would net me about 30% ROI if these figures were sustainable but I don't think that they are. The following chart shows the projected ROIs for a few of these different frequencies (note that this isn't the total ITM frequency but the average frequency for each of the four cash positions).

Avg Cash Place % ; ROI ; $/Tourney
6 ; -1.8 ; -0.06
6.5 ; 6.4 ; 0.22
7 ; 14.6 ; 0.51
7.5 ; 22.7 ; 0.79
8 ; 30.9 ; 1.08

I don't think much over 8% or 30% ROI is possible (although I'd love someone to prove me wrong) but I think around 7% should be sustainable over a large sample size. Given that I play around 9 per hour this results in a potential earn of around $4.5 per hour not including rake back. I think that this is better than I could achieve at penny stakes cash (even in Zoom) so I'm planning to get through some decent volume at this format and I'll put up a thorough stats post once I've played like 500 or something. Hopefully my guestimates are somewhat accurate because that's not a bad return given the tiny investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment