Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 6 March 2012

Life Changes

Hi there. I haven't had a great deal of time for poker lately. My regular life is in a little bit of turmoil right now as I'm out of work (it's a long story, I resigned from my last position).

I've played a few thousand hands at 10NL 6-max and it's gone better than 25NL so far. I've been sitting on only 4 or 5 tables at a time and just playing what I'd call ABC poker (concentrating strictly on value and not running many bluffs, plus not hero calling turns and rivers very often). I've only won two or three buy-ins but I'm actually a further ten buy-ins under all-in expected value so in reality if the all-ins had been going my way it would certainly class as a heater.

My goal for this limit is to try and get through 100-200k hands and then reassess my game. Unfortunately due to the current employment situation, there is likely to come a time in the next couple of months where I'll have to cash out almost everything (I've already taken out $1k) and move right down to 0.01/0.02. So I'll try and play as many hands as I can (in between driving lessons) before then.

Part of me honestly considered trying to make a little money from poker to tide me by for a while, but that is a pretty considerable risk given my recent results. Furthermore, my family has been hugely supportive so far and are supporting me until I find more work. If I start playing poker endlessly I think the good will would soon run out. If things were different and I could have shown them considerable volume as a winner then perhaps I could have made a case, but sadly I cannot.

So until things smooth out I'll definitely play some poker but I'm not sure how much will be possible. As a result, I wouldn't expect an update for some time. Perhaps when I'm a 2NL reg I'll find something to put up, but until then good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment