Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 8 April 2010

More 27s

Played a few more and will continue to do so for a while. It's a challenge since so far I haven't finished ITM as often as I would have liked. I really feel that I'm making good decisions but so far not enough equity has been going my way for me to cash for a profit. It's still a really small sample of games though. The fields are so weak in these games that I'm sure I can make some money I just need to get through volume and fine tune strategy now, which is why I'm just trying to play as much as possible.
Overall Results
My results indicate that I'm not a winning player, which is very likely probably. I won at a small rate in the cash games at micro level but tournament poker is a whole new animal and it would be foolish to suggest that I could beat these games too. But there's tons that I still need to learn, so I'll keep going. Plus the sample of tourneys is only ~300. I wonder whether I should concentrate on HUSNG only. I have learned so much about post flop poker recently and it's basically redundant in FRSNGs as the vast majority of decisions are preflop ones. This is difficult because despite the results I'm enjoying the tournaments. Well I've a weekend off coming up so I'll try and play a mixture of both. I need to ensure that I keep playing HU so that I don't become rusty, but I'd also like to play some more of the 27s. Anyway I'm really tired and already rambling so I'll post over the weekend with a few results and maybe some tricky hands. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment