Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 9 April 2010

More $27s and thoughts about 'pot sweetening'

Played some more tonight and ran well for a change. I was concentrating hard on making good decisions, and I was paying attention to stack sizes a little more and also position at the table in relation to the tighter players. Since my understanding has improved I've also started getting my stack in lighter versus villains with weak ranges. I'm intending to blog a bit about the maths of shoving into a raiser and a caller or two sub 20bb blinds even if we don't think the initial raiser will fold much. Basically the callers will fold most of the time leading to a great position where both you and the initial raiser can play a profitable all-in pot because all of the extra dead money gives both players positive chip equity. We can even get away with doing it pretty lightly providing the initial raiser isn't playing a tight range to start with. I think we can really exploit these high blind callers in this way. Anyway, I'll post more on this in the future once I've sorted a spreadsheet out and run some numbers.
Pot Sweeteners
Just a thought, when playing these games we often get multiple callers when we raise small pocket pairs and then we're in hell post flop. Shoving them 20bb+ isn't good play so how about just min raising and bloating the pot a little then playing fit or fold for made hands like sets? I think in these games where so much money goes in post flop we can really use these little bets to make some chips. Anyway, GL

No comments:

Post a Comment