Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 25 April 2010

Analysis of my game in the turbo HUSNGs


Hey all, not played much lately due to various factors but played a few turbo HUSNGs two evenings ago and thought I'd analyse my play a little over the 80 or so tournaments so far. Here's the graph. Sample size is seriously small, but notice the 12 buy in downswing in the middle. In these turbos variance should be larger than the regulars but I can get through about ten matches per hour which should enable me to play through this (if I put my mind to playing some volume of course). And if my game is not of a high enough standard to win money, then I'll need to do more work but this should become clear in the next couple of months. As far as detailed player stats go, I'm winning 51.5% of the time we see a flop and 54% of the time we see a showdown. These stats mean that I really ought to be a winning player I feel. Looking at detailed stats based on blind levels, I've easily made the most chips at 15/30 which I'd hope to be true since this is where the real 'poker' is played, and I'm winning a gross 60% hands at showdown (unsustainable IMO) and also winning 53% of the time I see a flop over 651 hands. When the blinds increase however I've obviously got a few leaks that need sorting. For starters, I seem to tighten my VP$IP (the number of hands that I play) from 50% to 45% as blinds move up to 50/100 before becoming more loose at 60/120 and beyond. I can understand this to an extent due to the reduced implied odds available with higher blinds, but I don't think I should be tightening up at all and maybe even playing looser. I'll work to rectify this. The most chips I've lost is at 50/100. The number of hands is very small but after 111 my won at showdown stat is 16% which is bloody awful and impossible to put down to anything other than running below expectation. So overall I'm really happy with my game, it just looks like I'm running below average expectation in the all-in pots - this should just even itself out with volume and the good work I'm putting in at those early levels will hopefully turn itself into $ soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment