Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 26 February 2011

Hand Reading

An area of the game where I believe I am getting better. I think I played the following hand pretty well, if you disagree please comment as I'm not an expert.



Quickly about the hand, opponent was a very loose aggressive player. Given that I'd expect him to reraise QQ preflop every single time and sometimes the lower pockets as well, I figured that unless he was making a very thin value check raise with a queen (that I considered unlikely) then he was bluffing almost all of the time. I was planning to shove on ANY SINGLE TURN CARD. The queen was the dream card for me really, as my play looked exactly like queen x kicker. I may have got a hero call on a few other turns, but despite this I think shoving our entire range on the turn versus this type of villain is going to show higher expectation than folding to the second barrel.

Quick note... I was trying to find two other check raise pots that I thought were interesting, one I played well and one I totally butchered but I can't find them. I'll search them out tomorrow and finish this post then; my eyes are heavy and I need sleep!

To Be Continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment