Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 26 February 2011

Quick Update

Things going OK. Overall win rate is now 1.2 BB/100 and according to the EV line should be around 2, which is pretty good for an amateur player in today's games. I have been introducing a little bit more flexibility back into my play; for a while I was being very specific with picking out hands to raise or check raise or double barrel. Instead I'm focussing on villain's range more, and using a wider array of hands to bluff with. Not overdoing it, but injecting a few more percent of aggression into my style. I'll dig out some examples from recent play in a future post but I'm very happy with my game at the moment. I have got the red line shrinking just a little less as a result of the added aggression and this should help my winrate to stay at a good clip. I haven't played as many hands as I wanted this week, which is a shame. But I'll try and at least do a minimum of 10k hands per week - a target that I have maintained since the start of the year. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment