Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 19 February 2011

A Road to Higher Limits

So things seem to have picked up the last few sessions, people have decided to start giving me money when I have the nuts which is quite nice. Example earlier... Some lovely chap decided to check raise me and 5 bet all-in with KK when I have T8 on 976. SWEET!

Right, I'm convinced that I am beating this limit pretty comfortably now. Taking my expected winnings as a guideline (noob mistake I know) I should be 24 buy-ins to the good. So what I'm going to do is up my minimum hands per week to 15k from now on and then I'll move to $0.25/$0.50 (providing I'm still doing well) at 200k hands. I'm currently at 65000 so that means I have 9 weeks to go until I can say hi to a new limit and some better players. I'm also going to start protecting my bankroll somewhat and I'll cash out some of the money I have in Full Tilt at the moment and keep it in a fast access savings account so that I can redeposit quickly if needed. I do not take money out of my bankroll currently (I'll be unable to use the savings money for personal use, only poker). This is a deliberate policy to enable my 'roll to grow as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment