Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 26 August 2010

More 90 man tournaments

Cashed in a couple more now and things seem to be getting back to some sort of parity. I've still lost a good bit of money in them but I'm chipping away. It seems obvious but these tourneys are a game of two halves. In the beginning, there was value. Most villains are really bad and will not fold; once we are near the final table though game conditions completely switch poles and we can now pick up loads and loads of pots by moving all-in - the extra ante money especially makes this ludicrously profitable as opponents suddenly don't call enough. I'll post another profit by position picture after I've played a few more but suffice to say the numbers are converging nicely. So which is the better proposition, micro tournaments or Rush? I think I could be earning more at Rush to be honest since I'm playing more hands. But I'm also too proud for my own good and want to prove to myself that I can beat these now. I don't think I'm sacrificing too much money and would be incredibly proud if I could turn my tournament record around. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment