Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 18 August 2010

Brutal Swings

I'm still not used to the frequent 4 buy-in up and 4 buy-in down swings that happen very quickly in Rush. It's all very standard but def suffered from bad variance in the last session. $40 down which is a shame. There were a couple of pots that I lost that I could have found a fold but again - as I've said before - the line didn't make sense unless they had something ridiculous like quads (and yeah, they did lol). Lost two buy-ins to flopped sets in three bet pots versus my overpair on dryish boards - standard. The other big pots involved hands I bet for value but had to fold to aggression when passive opponents just suddenly woke up and showed strength. One pair is no good then, sir. Anyway, just a quick frustration rant to let off steam. Crazy crazy session. Gladly it's not very often that we run into so many strong hands consecutively. Will play again tomorrow. Was thinking about what my next step should be as far as poker is concerned. Whether I should just take some time out now and just grind as much as possible up until Christmas and then take stock again. I'm gradually fixing leaks but there are still a few, I feel that I should be winning more than 2BB/100 at 10NL and it's kind of frustrating that I'm not. Still, $5 an hour (inc. rakeback) is decent return for doing something I enjoy with absolutely no risk attatched. I should attempt to move up to 25NL at some point as I have enough bankroll to sustain me but I'll likely make it a gradual step up. Play maybe 500 hands at 25NL and the rest at 10NL every day for a while and see how I get on. I'd like to set myself a further goal of playing 50k hands per month which should easily be achievable providing I'm not a lazy bumtard. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment