Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 1 July 2013

Quick Update

All hands are 50NL Zoom poker on PokerStars

My play has been much improved lately which has coincided with an upturn in fortunes. I'm not naive enough to believe that the upswing is all down to better play but I am certainly making far fewer mistakes now that I've got hands under my belt.

When I first started playing again after last year's break I was being overly aggressive and not giving up in enough pots; I was playing too suspiciously by bluff catching too often and I was hand reading poorly. But since the 10k hand mark I've felt really sharp again so hopefully winning ways will continue.

There are definitely a few areas that still need work; I think I've missed value in several large pots in the last few thousand hands so I'll be looking to rectify that in the next.

Overall though I'm happy with my game, I haven't forgotten everything and I'm still competitive at these stakes in my opinion. GL!


No comments:

Post a Comment