Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 28 June 2013

Good Session

Played some 50NL Zoom and I think it's the best session I've played since I've been back. I made very few mistakes in my opinion and I also got dealt black kings so got a free buy-in from Stars. Weeeee!

Also played the Hot $16.50 but it didn't go very well. I must be honest and admit that my push/fold knowledge is very poor. I feel that the last few tournaments I've let my stack get way too short before committing to an all-in spot.

In the past one of my key tournament money earners was shoving very wide in the small blind or on the button but it just seems to me that it's very rarely folding to me in those spots these days. I wonder if this is just small sample variance or whether the tournament short stackers are improving.

I tried loading up SNGWiz to try and practise some late game situations but for some reason it no longer recognises me as a registered user which is kind of frustrating. I've not used it for over a year so I've probably only got myself to blame.

I'll try emailing the developers and see if they can send me a new license and perhaps I'll read "Kill Everyone" again and study the push/fold tables printed in it.

Tournaments are fun and it would be nice to be able to register a couple of good scores now and then.

Right, I will post again soon. GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment