Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 23 June 2013

Full Tilt MTOPS Main Event

Got myself four entries. I have a bunch of FTP points so I purchased tickets from the store and will see how I get on.

I think technically for a proven tournament winner with good knowledge of push/fold ranges it would be best to enter for the maximum number of entries with eight. This would give such a player a good chance to go deep. But for me - probably a break even tournament player - I thought that four entries would be sufficient. I think that making good late game decisions would become difficult if I had eight tables up.

The tournament itself is massively under registered currently (with about 15 minutes left) so there is a large overlay. Get yourself involved, it looks like free money!

Anyway I will put updates here, it's $90k to the winner.

Update 1: Didn't realise there was a 30 minute seating window, so I'm just sat around waiting right now. I've also opened a beer. Not the most sensible tournament decision but I'm just viewing this as a bit of fun. If things get serious I'll switch to the coiffee later on. The tournament still has an overlay, although it is diminishing.

I've never noticed that FTP offer multi-buy-in tournaments before. I wonder how it affects the ICM; I imagine that for a proven winner it's best to buy in as many times as possible. But does this mean that the fish/reg ratio deteriorates? I'd imagine that only knowledgeable players would buy-in more than once.

Great. The HUD isn't working on FTP for some reason so time to nit up. Should probably have checked before I registered...

Update 2: Fishy field, but card dead. Really not running too well, got three lives left but the fourth I was knocked out dominating my opponent with AQ vs Q8o right to the river. Meh. The three remaining lives are very close to being valueless given the stack sizes relative to average so I don't think my tourney foray will last a great deal longer!

Final update:

Last life, very short, over 10k villains to beat. It's not happenin'! Signing off as I will need to sleep as soon as I'm KO'd.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment