Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 15 April 2012

Sunday Tournaments LIVE

As I mentioned yesterday, for the next few hours (and possibly more) I'll be playing tournaments on PokerStars. I'll put all updates on my progress here.

Note: I'll not be playing as many as I indicated yesterday as I don't think I'd play very well with any more than around 6 tables going. If I bust out of any of these I'll load up a couple of $4.50 180-man tournaments to keep going.

Currently registered for the following tournaments:
17.00 Bigger $22 (Satellite entry)- Busted for no cash
17.00 $3.30 NLHE- Busted, cashed ~$5
18.00 $5.50 NLHE- Busted, no cash
18.30 Sunday Storm- Busted, no cash
19.00 $3.30 NLHE- Busted, no cash
19.00 The Bigger $11 (Satellite entry)
$4.40 NLHE- Busted, no cash

Notes:
I was cold decked in the $22, and had an opportunity to jam in three way pot with aces and the other all-in player spiked a set of treys on the flop. It was cashonly25, a player with over $1m life time earnings so I was clearly losing that showdown!

Ran OK in the $3.30 until 88 called by AJo in the sb and lost the flip.

Ran pretty poorly in the Storm until I picked up AJs and shoved over a loose CO opener who called and flipped 44 (to be fair he was pot committed but I thought I was comfortably ahead of his range).

In the $5.50 I reshoved over an early/middle position raiser on the button with TT. I'm not sure if this was right or not; against a calling range of {99+, AQ} I'm 44% and I was about 10bb deep. I needed to make a move, but this might have been a small mistake. Anyway he flipped AA.

Lost standard flip in the other $3.30 with AKs vs 99.

Just got the Bigger $11 to go, but I'm short stacked with 12000 players left so I'd guess at an early bust in this one too.

Overall I'm pleased with the way I played, but with large field tourneys like this a lot of volume is required to find true win rate. I enjoyed the evening's play, and will do it again at some point in the future. But for now I'm going to stick with SNGs as I'm learning tons of cool stuff at the moment.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment