Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 24 April 2012

Poker Stars buys FTP?!?

2+2 thread containing this mad rumour, lots of credible posters weighing in. Looks like it could be true... If so I'll get my money back. WEEEEEEEEEE!

Plus, in other breaking news....

Played another 2-3k hands today. Twice I think I put in more money than I should when I was beat. I realise that we're supposed to pay off better hands sometimes; it's also true that I have hardly any reads on any opponents at this format yet. So should I still be paying them off? When an unknown villain minraises the turn and then shoves the river this is almost always a super strong hand. But this is 10NL, and they could be a whale (I have seen some dumb stuff at these stakes). Sigh.

Once I've put in some volume I'll put the hands in question up on one of the forums (cardrunners or deuces cracked perhaps). Just to see if any of my fellow players could have found folds. The thing is, if I had managed folds in the hands in question I'd have a very healthy win rate right now. But since I spewed my stack off in every case I'm a solid loser (very small sample size).

Well I'm not going to worry too much until I've got maybe 50k hands or so. Then I'll do a thorough leak analysis. Other than the big pot mistakes I think I'm playing very solidly. I'll just have to wait and see if the numbers converge and confirm my suspicions.

GL

No comments:

Post a Comment