Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 1 January 2011

Update on 2011 goals

I think that I'm going to follow the tournament route for the immediate future and maybe revise this after a month or two. At some point I will return to cash to improve my post flop play and hopefully become profitable in games up to 100NL but I think that I could potentially earn a lot of money from micro tournaments providing I can put in the volume. To this end I'm going to begin four tabling from now on, focusing on the $4 and $11 Rush on demand tournaments. My DB tells me that my average tourney time is about 35 minutes so four tabling should get me through eight per hour on average. So putting aside a couple of hours per day to play should get me to my target of 500 games per month.
The disadvantage of four tabling is the decision making which I discussed earlier. The only way I'm going to be able to combat this weakness is by working on my game and reviewing sessions. So I need to improve my knowledge as I go along. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment