Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 16 January 2011

Good Start

This weeks poker off to a good $64 start, I'm running well and villains still suck thankfully. I think that $20 an hour is sustainable at 25NL FR Rush which is pretty gross easy money. More than I earn in my real job!! Only time will tell if I come anywhere close to that estimate though.

A leak in my game that needs fixing is that in early position once I'm 3 bet I am only continuing with KK+ which makes it ludicrously profitable for villains to 3b bluff me. I haven't noticed a great deal of them doing it, just one or two. I must choose a couple of hands to use as a 4b bluff. AK maybe?

Other than this, villains are still monkeying around when I decide to continue on the flop. I definitely agree with Verneer that a selective flop strategy is best for this limit. I think people auto assume that you're c-betting your entire range these days and call wider than they should. This characteristic massively favours a value heavy flop betting range. I am currently c-betting just under 60% which seems pretty good to me - and on the turn betting around 40% which seems a little low. I really need to find more situations to fire a second barrel.

Anyway, hopefully the heater continues for a while yet. I'll begin to take some shots at $0.25/$0.50 Full Ring Rush once I reach fifty buy-ins for that limit. That will be in the not too distant future hopefully. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment