Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 17 January 2011

Not a good idea to play when tired....

Fortunately for me I realised this about 500 hands in and stopped. Right after I called a bet thinking villain was all-in (I have the nuts) and then realised he had money left behind (albeit only a couple of dollars). Made one other big mistake when villain turned his hand face up pretty much on the turn and then when the top pair card (which I thought he had) paired again on the river I called a pot sized shove when I should have folded. Playing when tired is something I'm going to have to try and avoid from now on.

There was a TableNinja update today and it's fucked up my method for multi-tabling which semi-tilted me too... I wonder if that dodgy call had anything to do with it. Anyway the issue is that now I can no longer use space bar as my quick fold shortcut - it does not work. Only clicking the quick fold button now does it, and I think this has slowed down my hands/hr. Annoying when you have a good system you are comfortable with and a little update takes it away. Hopefully this will be addressed. If not, I'll just have to get used to using the quick fold button again.

Another thing, I called two 3-bet shoves when I had AA earlier and both didn't hold up. So that's the second week when I'm a fair bit under all-in EV. I'm due a heater methinks... GL!


EDIT: After checking the TN forums today I've realised that the hotkey implementation has had a small change which requires adjusting a setting in the software but I now have my quick fold space bar back :) Happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment