Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 28 December 2010

Two Final Tables

Boosted the roll by about $50 in total, disappointed to bust without making the top five spots where all the money is but meh. Going to make a lot of money from these, I'm sure. In a normal tournament playing T4s is a mistake. In a Rush tourney, it is a massive mistake as you're using up time when you could be being dealt the hands that make the most money (i.e. the top 10% or so). Yet this is one of the hands I saw an opponent play today. And many many more ridiculous hands like it. I'm beginning to up my estimate on potential ROI in these now that I've seen this. I think I should be aiming for about a third. Opponents are that terrible. Just now an opponent who had around 5xM open limped in the CO then tank called my shove from the SB with ATo. I'll be here all day if I recount the massive mathematical mistakes villains are making. Beating these should be trivially easy. Once again though, I need the volume to prove it. So if I can achieve my ROI of 33% over the thousand games then I should make around $1500 by the end. Good money that, so back to the grind. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment