Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 8 December 2010

A Lesson in Patience



Hey, this post is an update on my overall recent multi-table tournament play (since my huge improvement at the end of last year). A few posts ago I was playing quite a few of the 90 man KO tournaments and felt I was running terribly; but knowing how much ROI is influenced by tournament wins I said at the time that I would keep the faith and hopefully the results would come around. The first pic on the right is how I had been doing in those KOs at that point. The second picture is after the recent three wins that I have been lucky enough to have. It just goes to show the huge difference in results that can occur very quickly over small tournament sample sizes. I would totally expect given that my database has me winning around 4 BB/100 in tournament chips overall that I am a winning tournament player and I may try and expend some energy playing more volume to provide more evidence of this. And hell, winning tournaments is fun!

4 comments:

  1. congrats on getting back into the black.

    I don't know how you can do it though - sure, winning tournaments is fun, but when you win so few (even though those few make your ROI +ve), it must be soul destroying, and I just couldn't have the long term vision to keep going tbh.

    Rewards could be huge though I guess :-)

    doing anything at miniFTOPS next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I do approach these knowing that my chances of winning are very small - this is the primary reason that I hardly ever play large field events. But I can handle the thought of being a 100/1 - 150/1 shot to win one of these smaller tournaments and I just play for final tables where I then just enjoy the battle win or lose. But anything with over 200 runners and I start to feel just as you do.

    FTOPs, I may chance an event or two if I get the time but I've got some terribly shitty hours at work running up to Xmas so not sure. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My internet still isn't installed, but should be on Saturday. So hopefully can get into the HU mtt on sunday. That'll probably be all though...

    Just read an interesting thread on raisetheriver about pokerstars.fr - there was a pic of mtts, and the overlays were huge! There was one tournament €20 buyin, €3000 guaranteed and only 29 players (this was at late reg). Rake is terrible, but it just might be worth a try (for an mtt'er)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sick overlay, wow. Never really thought about trying those sites. Are they not French only? Guess not...

    ReplyDelete