Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 3 December 2010

Turn Check Raises are Awesome!

Hey, I've been trying to develop my flop and turn strategy to get more aggressive and balanced. When out of position check raises on the turn are a really underused weapon at these stakes. One statistic that stands out from my database is that once villains call a flop c-bet they only fold the turn about a third of the time. I also suspect (although I don't have the stat to hand) that with most of their range they will bet the turn when checked to. So... Turn check raises are therefore awesome! We can make their life hell with hands that they don't want to fold. I have stacked two to three players now with sets after check raising the turn. Of course if opponents are going to start check back pot controlling the turn we'll need to start over-betting the river but this is another story... Try it, I like to balance the check raises with spots where I have 17-20% equity like with flush draws and straight draws. I think this should prevent villains getting an easy ride. GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment