Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 28 October 2010

Challenge Session #1


And so, it begins. Just a couple of notes, again these are going to be 2k hand sessions which I will play in one sitting with the following exception: if at any time I lose more than 3 buy-ins I will stop playing for 15 minutes and then return and complete the session. After the session is finished I will put the graph in this post along with any hands I thought were worth a look. Right, Ill post again in a couple of hours!

Result and Commentary
Ran pretty poorly. Not really sure how well I played, I'm thinking that I didnt play my best, certain stats were pretty far out of my ideal range. For example, c-betting was just under 50% which is very low for me. I was trying to pick the best boards to bet on versus the correct ranges, but I just didn't flop that well unfortunately. Also, there were two or three spots where I 3-bet and was called by the button, and without any reads about what sort of hands they were calling with I was check folding on some pretty ugly boards. I'm assuming their calling ranges are pretty strong but this is one particular situation in which I need to improve. Looking at the graph I have posted, you'll notice that the session would have been much better but for one big pot. Here it is:



I felt that my hand was good enough to 3-bet versus these two fishy players and the flop was basically the nuts for my hand. I decided to check / call the turn because I correctly guessed that he would be turning tons of weak hands into bluffs if I did. Unfortunately the three outer came in. So, not the best of starts then.

No comments:

Post a Comment