Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 21 September 2010

Rush Update

Going to delay the strategy post I spoke about as got a busy few weeks and Id rather spend the time grinding. Im not really qualified to post strategy anyway, lol.

Right, played over 35k hands more or less (since my Rush renaissance) and roughly break even now (excluding bonuses and rakeback which puts me in profit); I think that the break in (Rush) play that I had has made me rusty but the last few sessions Ive felt good again. Tonight though I made a horrendous mistake and that turned a potentially good session into a break even one. At my best Im sure Im beating this limit for a decent clip but the odd big mistake is really hurting me. I guess that my profitability will ultimately hinge on whether I can cut these errors from my game.

Every now and then I hear someone talk about poker and feel totally outclassed. This happened again today when I watched a video on Cardrunners by a pro (alias ronfar3 - worth a PTR lookup). He spoke of many things that I now have a fair grasp of, but then when talking through hands I realised that there were many spots where Id assume one play when there were better alternatives. I intend to watch that video again to try and learn some more. Its good to have a new ceiling to strive to reach. Gl all

No comments:

Post a Comment