Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 23 September 2010

Cardrunners, TableninjaFT

Hey, well the grind continues. Cardrunners have really been churning out some good videos lately. It seems that my knowledge is expanding all the time which can only be good. I also think that playing loads of hands is improving me too as I see so many situations patterns become discernible. Certain flops make more sense than they did before and so forth. So I cant wait for my next heater basically, should be fun :)

I've just purchased the AHK program tableninjaFT which I'm using to help me multi-table faster. Basically I just played a 40 min session at a rate of 1200 hands per hour and I think that on average it will be between 1100 and 1200. This is an increase of about 10% which doesn't sound a lot but any time we can increase volume and therefore return on investment by 10% it's a good thing. I think I need to be aiming to play 50000 hands per month in future as a minimum. If I can return to winning ways (around 2BB/100) this would translate as $200 per month and then adding in rake-back I should push earnings of $300. Doesn't sound like much but this would allow me to comfortably play 25NL in no time at all. I'm still worried about taking shots as a down-swing of several buy-ins would really hurt at that limit. If I had another $1000 to play with though I think it would just feel like 10NL. And $600 a month extra income would be awesome if I could somehow beat that limit too. Anyway, this is all speculation, I must grind on. GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment