Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 16 September 2010

Good Volume Today...

but it was a losing day. I didnt lose a huge number of buyins but enough that its affecting my confidence. Looking back through the session, I think I made some really good folds and picked my c-bet and turn barrel spots well but nothing seemed to come off. Ive been through downswings before and so Im not going to worry until Ive played a lot more volume but the seeds of doubt have been sewn. I made some mistakes today, I stacked off twice preflop against two very loose players and ran into big hands; I also ran a couple of ambitious bluffs that didnt come off (although I think given my thought processes that they should have been profitable). However what I will likely do is cut out the fancy play stuff for a few thousand hands. Give up a couple more pots on the flop in exchange for some more value hopefully. Anyway, it felt great to play loads of hands again so Im not going to stop playing Rush any time soon. I had a few interesting spots, and Ill try and dig them out and post them tomorrow but until then, gd night and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment