Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 18 October 2009

Further thoughts

Two things really. The first is something I've noticed in the videos I've been studying is that the very first thing that good players do is not look at their own relative hands strength but they consider the villain's range. Then they look at their hand and estimate equity before making their decision. I've read about this process before, it has been called the REM process - or range, equity, maximise. I'll really try and bring this simple analysis technique to my game.
The second thing is an idea for bankrolling. Basically, the recommended bankroll for any limit is 100 buy-ins. But this assumes that you are not going to move from a limit at any time. Due to certain stock market theories specifically kelly investments you should be able to play on a much smaller 'roll providing you adhere to a strict structure where you grade your investment according to your bankroll at the time. I might incorporate a strategy like this into my play so that I can get into the higher limits and make some money before the games get too tough. Will post more thoughts on this in the next few weeks I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment