Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 3 October 2009

Back and rested.

Ready for more pokes now hols have finished and been completely free of the game and poker books etc throughout the break. However I did have some thoughts while away that may help my game...
I tend to group the top hands together; that is, big pairs and big non-pairs. However, the frequency with which these two different hand sets actually hits flops differs greatly. {JJ+} will flop an overpair 60% of the time approximately and an overpair or set or better 71% of the time. Unpaired big hands only hit approx a third of flops. So maybe I'll focus on playing a different (though still balanced) strategy with each set of hands. Will require some more thought but have scribbled some ideas down and will work on implementing these into my play with the help of pokerazor which is superb at working out the likelihood of certain things happening. If I start to see a rounded strategy developing I may post a long strategy article on here. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment