Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 18 May 2017

Updates

Going to try something a little different, and instead of spouting over a number of individual blog posts, I'll collate my small uninteresting updates into a single blog between the more detailed ones.

Early Zoom Thoughts 18/05/2017

It feels like the games have changed in some ways since my days as a regular a few years back, but there is definitely enough poor play on show to feel that I can win with a little practise.

I have encountered a lot of pre-flop aggression and fewer loose passive players which is a shame, as this cuts down on available post flop value. I can't really comment on the standard of the regulars at this stage as I have too few hands, but one or two players look competent. It also seems that there are fewer short stackers - which is good news for someone who likes to play 100bb.

Early results? I'm two buy-ins down, KK v AA in one pot and then variance.

It looks like I'm controlling the 'red line' or non-showdown winnings well, so it remains to be seen if I can still craft enough value in the big pots to make up the difference and earn some profit.

Another point to note is the card match feature, which adds a nice little side game while you play.

Overall I've been enjoying playing some post flop poker again. GL!

07/06/2017

Played a short session tonight, there seemed to be a lot of casual players; maybe the games get good from 10:00pm or something, I wouldn't usually play this late. Picked up a quick 2.5x buy ins.

Overall though, I've been running fairly poorly so haven't much felt like blogging, though run bad doesn't affect me as much as it once did.

I have some hands I'd like to share, but will save for a later blog post when I'll do several at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment