Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 13 October 2013

Update 2014

Hello internet.

Studying takes up a large part of my time these days so I've hardly played Poker recently. I've also been playing some Chess which was a hobby of mine when I was a little younger. I think I'm probably about as strong as I was before at that game now (which isn't to say particularly strong, probably average club standard - chess.com rates me about 1850 ELO in correspondence games). However I'm enjoying the ride, so I will likely continue to use some spare time for Chess.

So where does this leave Poker?

A large reason why I've been reluctant to put in the hours is the time commitment required to put in a sufficient volume of hands. Additionally I just haven't felt much like playing. There's no doubt that Poker affects me emotionally sometimes and I find that to be quite wearing.

When I do play, I find that I'm only ever a little ring rusty and my knowledge remains intact. I also enjoy playing more when I approach Poker casually without putting pressure on my performance, so I'm going to endeavour to start to put in some more hours again but I'll really try to avoid taking it too seriously.

Perhaps I will play an occasional session for the sole purpose of updating this blog with a few cool hands and thoughts on the state of the games.

I hope that those of you who still put in a lot of volume are all running well!

No comments:

Post a Comment