Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 3 May 2012

Improving this Blog

After my hiatus at the end of last year (when I rage quit the game for a few weeks :P) I made a resolution to improve the standard of my blog posts. I think that there are a few that fit the bill, but most are still just results orientated mental spews.

After scarily discovering my blog on the second page of a Google search, it's now become clear to me that I really should devote some time to make the content a little better. Judging by my audience in the blog dashboard, there are people that have viewed this blog from all around the world. That's seriously scary.

So from now on, I'll try to stay away from short term trends and focus on leak fixing (like the small blind strategy post earlier this week, which is the sort of thing that I think will be worth coming to from the web for the average enthusiast) or hand analysis. Graph posts usually generate interest too as long as I've got sufficient volume to make them useful.

So I'll try not to put up any more "I suck, I can't beat 0.00000000000001c/0.0000000000000000002c any more WAAAAAAAAAAH!" type nonsense to make this blog a little more readable.

Good luck at the tables!

Edit:
A couple of things, I think someone must have read my late night tilt rant who has influence at Pokerstars as I've recently won 12 buy-ins in 2000 hands. Will post more details once I've got to 50k hands total played at the Zoom tables.

Also testing out various means of posting hand histories in something other than text format. Have removed the Boom! player now, I think the flopturnriver converter might be a better solution. Here's me running well:




PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com



Button ($32.96)
Hero (SB) ($10.29)
BB ($5)
UTG ($11.30)
UTG+1 ($8.26)
MP1 ($10.23)
MP2 ($15.91)
MP3 ($5.17)
CO ($9.83)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
6 folds, Button bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.30) J, J, 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($2.30) K (2 players)
Hero bets $1.40, Button calls $1.40

River: ($5.10) 7 (2 players)
Hero bets $3.70, Button raises to $8, Hero calls $4.09 (All-In)

Total pot: $20.68 | Rake: $0.93

Results:
Button had 4, 4 (two pair, Jacks and fours).
Hero had J, J (four of a kind, Jacks).
Outcome: Hero won $19.75




1 comment:

  1. I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged hondaqq

    ReplyDelete