Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 4 August 2011

Multi-tabling vs Improvement

Just played a session 9 tabling and did OK but there were a few spots where the rush of decisions caused me to make a small mistake. I have decided for a while to reign in and concentrate on 6 at a time. This seems to be the ideal number for me where I have plenty of time to think things through and where I'd likely be playing as well as if I were only playing one table at a time.

The reason I'm doing this is that I feel that I'm still developing my preflop game and until I'm settled on a strategy that is pretty well memorised then it's better if I play less tables. For example one area that I'm currently developing is my play in the big blind facing a small blind steal. This is a situation where we're getting great pot odds and we have position post flop so even facing a tight range we can play a huge % of hands profitably. At the moment I only play around 38% of hands and I should be playing around 60% on average in my opinion.

The down side to this is that I play less hands per hour. However until I have a good sample of hands (100k+) with a win rate that I feel is large enough to manage the few extra mistakes I'm likely to make, it feels like this the right approach.

So how long do I think this preflop strategy work will take? Well I feel like I've covered most situations in my equity + pot odds work now so I think I'm nearly there. As soon as I feel that I have a good intuitive 'feel' for what the ranges look like in different situations and my win rate is looking healthy then I'll begin to increase the number of tables. But I doubt that will happen before Christmas at least.

Won a really nice pot this afternoon, I'll put it up. Not much to say other than the limper was really passive so I felt that I could call the flop all-in raise from the big blind player plus the over-call and easily see two cards to draw to my flush when the turn was checked through 99% of the time. When I hit my ace - also due to the limper's calling station tendencies - I felt it was a really easy value shove.

http://www.holdemmanager.net
NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer Game#65514426573

Hero ($29.19)
Fosca1 ($9.87)
pito4ka ($9.65)
QQcik ($25.22)
GaryHolmec ($30.71)
ps9bobo ($25.35)
lizf001 ($14.21)
pitti7 ($25)
URRICANE4219 ($27.57)

Hero posts (SB) $0.10
Fosca1 posts (BB) $0.25

Dealt to Hero 3c Ac
fold, fold, fold, fold, fold,
fold,
URRICANE4219 calls $0.25
Hero raises to $1
Fosca1 calls $0.75
URRICANE4219 calls $0.75
FLOP ($3) 6s 9c Tc
Hero bets $1.85
Fosca1 raises to $8.87 (AI)
URRICANE4219 calls $8.87
Hero calls $7.02
TURN ($29.61) 6s 9c Tc As
Hero bets $19.32 (AI)
URRICANE4219 calls $17.70 (AI)
RIVER ($65.01) 6s 9c Tc As Jh
URRICANE4219 shows Kd Td
(Pre 38%, Flop 51.8%, Turn 9.5%)

Hero shows 3c Ac
(Pre 46%, Flop 40.0%, Turn 85.7%)

Fosca1 shows 6c Kc
(Pre 17%, Flop 8.3%, Turn 4.8%)

Hero wins $63.01

No comments:

Post a Comment