Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 11 August 2011

Coming Back Strongly

So Sunday I played pretty awfully, but I took a break for a day or so and since then I think I've played very very well. There was a single instance tonight where I foolishly auto bet 2/3 pot in a spot where villain's calling range was totally inelastic (I should have ridiculously over bet shoved for sure) but that's about all I can think of. I made a couple of pretty big lay downs and got great value from my made hands.

The last 25k hands or so I've been on a huge heater. I don't want to put too big of a negative slant on my results because I think I'm certainly beating this limit for a decent clip, but I don't honestly think my current win rate is sustainable (for me at least). Still, I'm thoroughly enjoying going to showdown and winning some nice pots. I've said it before and I'll reiterate - at 25NL the Stars' games are as juicy as a pint on a Saturday night. I'm looking forward to moving up because I wouldn't expect a massive difference at the next limit. Some more good players for sure, but not a big improvement in the playing skill.

If (and it's obviously a big if) I see the same indicators at the next limit that the games are very beatable then I may take a risk and go straight to 100NL. I have disposable income at the moment, and also a little money saved away. If I combined all of this I definitely have enough bankroll to play that limit without a large risk of ruin, and if I don't move up then I'm potentially hurting my earnings in the long run. But plenty more hands to play before I need to make that sort of decision so I'll post again about that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment