Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 21 November 2010

Rush Tournaments versus 90 man KO

Hey, just played another session of Rush tourneys. The most striking thing to me is that there is so much money at the final table. All it takes is one FT finish per session to break even whereas in the KO tournaments money is taken out for the bounties and consequently ROI is determined with wins being the predominant factor. This tells me that variance is likely to be higher in the KOs. So I will continue to play these for a while. They seem pretty simple, just playing a tight aggressive game with a focus on stealing later on. There seem to be a ton of players who donate money early on to the prize pool and also contribute dead money when the blinds get higher by limp folding a wide range. Standard tournament fishiness. Hopefully if the good cards continue and my strategy is sound - as I have always believed it would be in these weak player infested SNGs - then I can bring my sharkscope record back into profit over the course of a couple hundred of these tournaments. Wish me luck and I'll post a graph once I've played a decent sample. GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment