Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 26 July 2010

First few games...

Didn't go well, I won maybe $3 in knockout money but didn't final table at all. But I am not disheartened, I'm very excited about these tournaments. The play must be as bad as I've ever seen since I've played poker! I'll need to do some work with sngwiz on shove fold spots as I'm very rusty in this area, but the villains are here to gamble. Last tournament I isolate shoved with AJs over a liberal stealer and the SB (a giant 50/33 whale) called with K4s to knock me out. This is just one example of tons and tons of terrible poker, and now I am beginning to think that these games are likely to be more profitable than Rush, despite it's benefits. Anyway, that's all my play for the evening. I just need to crunch some volume now and I'm utterly convinced that 50%+ ROI is easily achievable in these games. Which means that I could make a living playing $6.5 buy-in SNGs. That's just so sick it's unreal!!! If I get time I might post a few of the best (meaning funniest) hands after the first 20 or so games. It's great to be back in games where implied odds and value exist in abundance again! OK, four games down, 96 to go in the Debanks mini series. Let's hope I start winning some flips from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment