Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 16 April 2011

The Poker World has Changed

So, last night after a few beers I posted on here. After reading again this morning I thought I'd take it down as much of it was written while I was pretty emotional. Just a couple of things:

Firstly, I have great sympathy for all of the players affected by this ludicrous action. I truly hope that this is resolved as quickly as possible for the sake of you and your families. I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to be robbed of your income by a nanny state obsessed with controlling how you must spend your money. Good luck to all of you over the next few months.

A few posters that I respect are calling for calm. I think this is correct. It could be that in a few months things resolve for the benefit of everyone, and this is my hope. I'm personally grateful that both PokerStars and Full Tilt remain open for business to me - based in the UK - but I'd rather be facing a player pool that contains the whole market instead of one that has been robbed of a large proportion of the best players. I suspect that I will do better without the US players. But then, what motivation do I have to continue learning and striving for improvement?

I enjoy playing the American players and look forward to playing again in a climate in which they are again involved in the poker games; I look forward to playing again in a world where poker is recognised as a fun social skilful game. One where players of any nationality can join in. GL all

No comments:

Post a Comment